Interested in becoming a software engineer, but you don’t know where to start? This course introduces you to basic programming to get you started.
Why learn to code?
- Many employment opportunities.
- Critical thinking.
- Computer programming is becoming the new literacy.
- Learning to program can make you more productive, efficient and effective.
- [VIDEO] What Most Schools Don’t Teach
In today’s world, knowing how to code is more important than ever – whether for job prospects or becoming a more effective person with strong critical thinking skills. This two-week course introduces students to basics of computer programming through the foundations of Ruby, a programming language gaining traction in the Kenyan market. Topics covered include control flow, looping, arrays and hashes, methods, blocks and sorting. After learning these fundamentals, students will be given more resources to continue their studies post-Junior Moringa School.
For those interested in joining Moringa School’s full-time program after the program, the tuition for Junior Moringa School will be deducted from the full-time program’s tuition if they are successful in the interview.
Type of Student
This class is for anyone interested in learning how to code. The students we choose are people passionate about technology and learning to code and are seeking to build a strong foundation of code. This course is for all ages – high school students to university to those working full-time.
Recommended Background of Students
- Passionate about learning how to code.
- Basic math and logic skills.
Duration and charges for the courses:
- Three options:
- July 20-31
- August 3-14
- August 17-26
- 6 classes on Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday nights from 6-8pm
- Kshs 5000/=
- Apply by filling out this form: http://goo.gl/forms/GBWmXE5E4U
For more details, contact us at: